Tuesday, December 14, 2004

CLANG! BOOM! STEAM!

I haven't Posted in a while, I've been confused and alone.(Does appropriate goth sigh) But enough of my banter. I'm here to review a C.D.


Title: Real Gone
Artist: Tom Waits

The first thing I got to say is DAMN THIS IS A GOOD ALBUM!

Seriously I can't say that about too many C.D.'s these days. Tom Waits is back! With his vocals that sound like cookie monster, and music that sounds like he went shopping at a pot factory, and then recorded not in a studio but in an industrial factory.

Now this might sound bad to some, but you gots to know Tom Waits to understand. He puts it together so well, and its damn groovy. His music is sort of Industrial Blues, that's how I describe it anyhow. He's always been one of my favorite artists because his stuff is original and creepy most of the time ;)

My Friend Rimmy digs on him too. He comments here.

http://rimmy.blogspot.com/2004/12/susceptable-to-music-today-it-seems.html

I find this album great to listen to while doing almost anything...Especially if its rigorous labour. I suggest the following tunes from the album.

Shake It

Hoist That Rag

Baby Gona leave Me

Don't Go Into That Barn and,

Metropolitan Glide

Now with names like that how can you not be curious.

These songs as well as many others have a good solid beat, great guitar solo work , as well as appearances by Les Claypool of Primus. Its sets a good solid mood all the way through. It makes you feels as though you were in a world of constant rainy nights, heartbreak, smoky clubs, spooky landscapes with bent and twisted old dead trees, strange dark houses with eerie glows coming from within and so on.

Pick it up if you can.

Dig It.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home