Sunday, October 24, 2004

...On Fred Astaire

Here is a sample of my overactive and under nourished Imagination.

Enjoy.


...................on Fred Astaire

So about a few hours or so ago I was getting a review from a friend on a song i just made,or remade as it were. The Song was "Puttin on the Ritz" by "Taco" ,origenaly done by Fred Astaire. In giving me his point of view on my version of it I mentioned that i had never heard the Astaire version before. So like a good man he was he sent me the MP3 file over the computer.
So i listened to it while we were discussing my version and it never hit me then...this thought I have. It hit me several hours later when I was listening to it again a couple of times through. The thought was..."Man...I could really kick someone's ass to this song.." Even I knew that this was an extremely odd reaction to something like Fred Astaire but i couldn't help thinking it. As I listened to it again all i could picture was me laying into someone with my fists or some crude blunt object.
I'm not a violent man,and I never was. I mean lets face it everyone at least once has been mad enough in there life to believe they could rip someone in two with a ban saw. But this was different somehow.
It wasn't that I wanted to do violence...but if i ever had to, i know that with Fred Astaires"Puttin on the Ritz" playing in my head i could feed someone their own fucking kidneys!.....With Tongs!
I tried to analyze it then. What is it about this song that makes you want to jump up and down on someone's rib cage? Was it the kettle type drum sounds? Was it the swingin fast paced beat? Was it just the use of the term "Super Duper"? I had no Idea. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me but the song struck a chord in me for carnage.
I know not all of us were made for violent encounters,I have always considered myself one of those people,
but maybe for each of us there is a trigger still. A string that with the right things experienced can be pulled no matter how deep within us. Maybe for me it was Fred Astaire. However peculiar it might have been, I noted the experience and I encourage others to note these things as well. They could be important somewhere along this rocky path we calling living or life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rimmy said...

This looks kind of familiar. I was treated to this rant several weeks ago. My brother, he was like "Yikes!", but me, I can relate.

I used to have flashes of daydreams in which I languidly fired a shotgun, then tipped it vertical to pump, then fired again... over and over to "Are You Lonesome Tonight".

Also, when the original Quake (that's the first one kiddies, not the one we used to lanparty with) was out, along with its booster packs, I found that cds left in the drive would be played instead of the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack that belonged with the game.

I've killed monsters while listening to Jewel, the Spice Girls, and some faux-classical music from the wanna-be Dune game Emperor of the Fading Suns. w00t

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home