Thursday, April 20, 2006

"And Now I Lay Me Down TO Bed, Robot Sheep Dance In My Head, I Can See By Infrared, How I Hate The Night,.."

"And though they tell you I was lost
And the word reports my death has come
The fates have left me breathing still
Very much alive..."


Hey kids. It's poetry time again, but not mine. Perhaps in time I'll be brave enough to post some of my work on here. But for now, here is a poem by Mr. H. P. Lovecraft.
I love this poem. It gives you such nifty pictures in you head. At least it does me. I'll just get on with it shall I?

Right.



Nathicana

It was in the pale garden of Zais
THe mist shrouded gardens of Zais
Where blossoms the white nephalote
The redolant herald of midnight
There slumber the still lakes of crystal
And streamlets that flow with out murm'ring
Smooth streamlets from caverns of Kathos
Where broodth the calm spirits of twilight
And over the lakes and the streamlets
Are bridges of pure alabaster
White bridges all cunningly carven
With figures of fairies and daemons
Here glimmer strange suns and strange planets
And strange is the crescent Banapis
The sets 'yond the ivy grown ramparts
Where thicken the dusk of the evening
Here fall the white vapours of Yabon
The thought blotting vapours of Yabon
And here in the swirl of the vapours
I saw the devine Nathicana
The slender black hair'd Nathicana
THe sloe eyed red lipped Nathicana
THe silver voiced sweet Nathicana
The pale rob'd belov'd Nathicana
And ever was she my beloved
From ages where time was unfashioned
From days when the stars were not fashioned
Not anything fashioned but Yabon
And here dwelt we ever and ever..

The innocent children of Zais
At peace in the paths and the arbours
White crown'd with the blest nephalote
How oft we would float in the twilight
O'er Flow'r Cover'd pastures and hillsides
All white with the lovely astalthon
The lowly yet lovely astalthon
And dream in a world made of dreaming
THe dreams that are fairer than Aidenn
Bright dreams that are truer than reason!
So dreamed and so Lov'd thro we thro ages
Till came the cursed season of Dzannin
THe daemon Damn'd season of Dzannin
When red shone the suns and the planets
And red greamed the crescent Banapis
And red fell the vapours of Yabon
Then reddened the blossoms and streamlets
And lakes that lay under the bridges
And even the calm alabaster
Glowed pink the uncanny reflections
Till all the carv'd fairies and daemons
Leer'd redly from backgrounds of shadow
Now reddened my vision and madly
I strove to peer thro the dense curtain
And glimpsed the devine Nathicana
THe pure ever pale Nathicana
The lov'd the unchange'd Nathicana
But vortex on vortex of madness
Beclouded my labouring vision
My damnable reddening vision
That built a new world for my seeing
A new world of redness and darkness
A horrible coma called living
So now in this coma call'd living
I view the bright phantoms of beauty
THe false, hollow phantoms of beauty
That cloak all the evils of Dzannin
I view them with infinite longing
So like do they seem to my lov'd one
Yet foul from their eyes shines their evil
Their cruel and pitiless evil
More evil than Thaphron or Latgoz
Twice ill for it's gorgeous concealment..

And only in slumbers of midnight
Appears the lost maid Nathicana
THe pallid and pure Nathicana
Who fades at the glance of the dreamer
Again and Again do I seek her
I woo with deep draughts of Pathotis
Deep draughts brew'd with wine of Astarte
And strengthen'd with tears of long weeping
I yearn for the gardens of Zais
THe lovely lost gardens of Zais
Where blossoms the white nephalote
The redolent herald of midnight
THe last potent draught I am brewing
A draught that the daemons delight in
A draught that will banish the redness
The horrible coma call'd living
Soon, soon if I fail not in brewing
THe redness and madness will vanish
And deep in the worm-peopl'd darkness
Will rot the base chains that have bound me
Once more shall the gardens of Zais
Dawn white on my long tortur'd vision
And there midst the vapours of Yabon
Will stand the devine Nathicana
THe deathless restor'd Nathicana
Whos like is not met with the living..


This man paints wondeful pictures I say again, feel free to comment and tell me what you think. But for now I must go...


" And though my mind is cut by battles
Fought so long ago
I return victorious
I am comming home...."

1 Comments:

Blogger Rimmy said...

Nice!

Somewhere, in a lonely place
Where you would never want to stay
Somewhen, in that hollow space
There you will find a way
A way into darkness,
And Darkness, my name is.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home