Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"SON!...Be a Colonist!!"....Is what Dad said to me..."It's a cooshy life and you get alien real estate for free!"

So....The new job.....Let me tell YOU GUYS SOMTIN MON!!!

Its pretty kick ass, in fact I'm on my lunch hour right now as I blog this.

Yes I said Lunch Hour, not half hour. Since I've done this job before a while ago, I picked it up pretty quick. I probably know about 80% of what there is to know over my first 2 days, and that ain't too shabby.

There is a whole lot of nothing to do most of the time, but there are times man, where there is tons and tons to do. And time goes by pretty fast so that's a good thing as well.

My co-workers are cool and helpful and not the least bit annoying!

So far I haven't got any good stories to tell, but I have a big feeling there will be.

Oh wait, there is a story...But its short.

We take our order from drivers for Purilator and those types of peoples...And man...Some of them are a bit topsey turvey.

I was accepting an order this morning from a guy who looked like a hippy and when I greeted him the first thing he mentions is his radio.

"I finally have a volume on this thing, cause it was so fucking annoying before that I turned it off most of the time" Insert mad giggling and odd gesturing before he slid back out the door and said thank you.....

I have a feeling that this is going to be amusing. The man looked like, what the guys in Dr. Hook and the Medicine show SOUND like......That is the only way I can describe him.

Well more to follow as I work here.

I think the coolest thing about having this job, is that I feel like a useful member of society, not that I wasn't before, it's just I'm actually doing something instead of collecting a cheque every month.

You would be amazed what that does for a persons confidence. I wasn't turned down for the interview, I was well liked.

I've been turned down from a lot of places, including McDonalds and 7-11.

So in my mind I have passed a test, even though in reality, I know I'm a good competent person anyhow.

I must get back to......"IT"...


Laters......

1 Comments:

Blogger Fictional Correspondant said...

No grumpy old ladies here, and man HOW the HELL can you be jealous?! You earn almost double my wage son lol

That means double the work....in most cases...

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home